Most Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
The course is $60. Use the easy registration process and pay by any credit card.
How long will the course take?
What happens after I register?
You will be brought to a login page. Type in your email address (be sure your email address is working properly and check the spelling on your email address). Type in the password that you want to use. Your email and password allow you to re-enter the course whenever you want. There is no need to take the course all at once. If you forget your password, it can be reset.
Can I use a mobile device? (Android tablet, iPad or mobile phone)
Yes, the course is mobile device friendly
What are some of the topics?
There are 25 legislatively required topics, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Roles of courts, attorneys, and legal professionals
- Alternative Dispute Resolution processes (ENE and mediation)
- Child support and financial responsibilities of parents; organization for divorce
- Responsibilities of unmarried parents
- Domestic violence
- Support for children by age group and providing emotional support for children
- Alienation, preventing loyalty conflicts in children, effect of preventing parenting time or parental relationship
- Managing parenting time and how to agree upon a parenting time schedule that works for parents and children
- Learning effective communication responses
- The effect of parental conflict on children
- Child-centered decision-making
- Understanding legal and physical custody
- Understanding relationship breakup and moving forward into effective co-parenting, etc.
How do I get my Certificate of Completion?
The program has an automated certification process. Be sure that your name is spelled correctly on the registration because this is the name that will be on your certificate. Parents file their Certificate of Completion where their case has originated or forward the certificate to their attorney. Print a copy of your certificate for your files and keep a copy of your electronic certificate.
Parents with a court approved signed ‘In Forma Pauperis Order’
You are eligible for a fee reduction of 50%. Please use the contact form to make this request. Verification of the signed court order showing the name of the registrant parent is required before the reduction will be applied. Contact us here.
Reviews for Impact Parent Education
“I liked that the course was very relevant and it kept the information flowing without getting monotonous or boring or overwhelming. Lots of common sense! The handbook is chock full of great information.” (Sarah L. July of 2016)
Our kids are doing quite well, considering the circumstances. They are both very loved and have so far talked openly about the upcoming divorce. To make things easier, I need to stay focused on the kids and our future, and stop getting so caught up in the process we’re going through. (Erick J. August 2017)