Court Approved Parent Education Classes
Minnesota courts require that parents involved in litigation over children must attend one of the court approved Minnesota parent education programs. Impact Parent Education (IPE) for Separating and Divorcing Parents meets all requirements for Minnesota online parent education that is court ordered under Minnesota statute 518.157. Parenting classes for court compliance can be stressful. We therefore designed our Minnesota online parent education programs to help you achieve the required certificate with as little stress as possible. Furthermore learning online is private and can be done at your own pace.
Impact Parent Education Program FAQs
How much do the parent education programs cost?
The course is $75. Registration is easy and payment is secure.
How long will the course take?
Take the course at your own pace using your email for login and your secure password. The course will require a total of about 4 hours.
Are you ready to register?
When you register, check the spelling of your email address and write down the password you wish to use. This gives you access to the course whenever you wish.
Be sure you register using the name you want generated on your Certificate of Completion. This should be the same the same name on your parent education court order document.
GO TO THE LOGIN PAGE TO REGISTER HERE.
Can I use a mobile device? (Android tablet, iPad or mobile phone)
Yes, the parenting course is completely mobile device friendly.
What topics are in the parent education classes?
There are 25 legislatively required topics, which includes, but are not limited, to the following:
- Roles of courts, attorneys, and legal professionals
- Alternative Dispute Resolution processes (ENE and mediation)
- Child support and financial responsibilities of parents; organization for divorce
- Responsibilities of unmarried parents
- Domestic violence
- Support for children by age group and providing emotional support for children
- Alienation, preventing loyalty conflicts in children, effect of preventing parenting time or parental relationship
- Managing parenting time and how to agree upon a parenting time schedule that works for parents and children
- Learning effective communication responses
- The effect of parental conflict on children
- Child-centered decision-making
- Understanding legal and physical custody
- Understanding relationship breakup and moving forward into effective co-parenting, etc.
How do I get my Certificate of Completion?
The program has an automated certification process. When you register spell your name correctly because this is the name that will show on your certificate. Parents either file their ‘Certificate of Completion‘ where their case has originated or forward the certificate to their attorney. Print a copy of your certificate for your files and also keep a copy of your electronic certificate.
Parents with a court approved signed ‘In Forma Pauperis Order’
Do you have a court approved, signed ‘In Forma Pauperis Order’? If so you are eligible for a fee reduction of 50% on our parent education programs and you can use the contact form to make this request. Please verify the signed court order showing the name of the registrant parent so that we can apply the reduction. Contact us here.